Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK the next step would be to check the bios settings but I'm afraid it may not work if the kb is not functioning.
When you first turn the system on and the first readable screen is shown start tapping F8 to enter the bios. Go into the general section or boot section and see if the kb is enabled on boot. If not enable it and the F10 to save and exit.

Advertisements

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
No, I'm afraid nothing is happening, and I tried doing same with the wireless keyboard, but nothing whatever, :(

Ricky

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What bothers me is that a usb, wireless and a ps2 kb none are working correct?

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, the PS2 worked LOL I got the arrow key to work first time with PS2 ..... what selection should I choose - "Continue with system resume" or "Delete restoration data and proceed to system boost menu" ?

Ricky

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Continue with system resume

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Okay, first I got a black screen with a white dash in the top left corner, this stayed for a few seconds, then the screen went totally black ..... then, after a while my full desk top reappeared ............ Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy so pleased with that result

hehehehe I think I'll keep that keyboard ..

Ricky

Edited by Ricky_22, 24 January 2013 - 08:12 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Now try to reboot and see if it will go into windows normally.

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
The keyboard doesn't want to type LOL so I will revert back to thw wireless one :D after this LOL

First, the windows logo came up, now it's doing 'checking file system on C:'

Edited by Ricky_22, 24 January 2013 - 08:20 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK let me know if it boots normally.

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Disk check finished, now starting windows ................... the new keyboard has been accepted, and is now working - computer needs a reboot - this is happening now - all successful! .......... Thanks so much

Ricky

Edited by Ricky_22, 24 January 2013 - 08:29 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is great to hear and unless there is a problem I am very happy to say Congratulations Ricky_22. :rockon: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :thumbsup: :ph34r:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
It's very good for me to know that Geeks to go is there to help/assist - you have always solved every problem that I have had since my first - many years ago LOL very much obliged to you all, with sincerest thanks

Regards

Ricky