Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to join/host servers.

• Please log in to reply

Purplecracka

Purplecracka

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've recently gotten a new computer (Gateway)with Windows 8 on it. When i've tried to connect to servers that weren't port forwarded (trying to join private servers with friends) I get an "Unable to connect" or it just doesn't join. When I tried to port forward myself, my friend couldn't join my server either. I'm not sure if this caused the problem, but I did have to do a full system reset when I just got the computer (disk partition error, no recovery disk) and the ID I had to use to get windows working again isn't valid (using until I can get my windows install disk with the real ID)
PC specs -
AMD E1 - 1200 APU with Radeon™HD Graphics 1.40 GHz (Processor)
4.00 (3.72 GB usable) (RAM)
System type - 64-bit OS, x64 processor
Not a touch screen
Router - Linksys

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what games are you trying to play?

Purplecracka

Purplecracka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Usually, the games i'm trying to play/host would be Minecraft servers/Terraria servers.
Sorry for the late reply, completly oblivious to checking my e-mail.

ShoppingMonk

ShoppingMonk

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
make sure with troubleshooting ...if again problem is ocuring try with different games like counter strike it instales you to the networking host directly

Hyacinthknave

Hyacinthknave

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
If ur trying to play minecraft server hosted locally with ur friends on LAN than u mIght as well just type "localhost" no spaces rather than the ip ur friend provides, if its another case, please specify what happens!
Edit: i mean do u see the server on the server list? Have u tryed connecting directly? And lastly has ur friend made a port forward for minecraft using tcp and udp both using 25565 values?

Edited by Hyacinthknave, 14 February 2013 - 09:18 AM.