Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Solved] flickering screen

• Please log in to reply

nept

nept

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
EDIT: Solved. Due to bugs on the sapphire home page I didnt get to see the driver they "use" (which is the 12.11 beta version). Thus I installed about every possible amd driver there was but ofc not the 12.11 beta.

_____

Hi everyone

I successfully built my new pc today and everything went really well - besides my screen is flickering with windows 8.

My comp is an Asus P8z77-V LX, Intel 3770K, 32GB RAM, Sapphire HD 7770 GHz Edition.

I'm dualbooting windows from two different harddrives (need it for work), one from an ssd and one from a hdd. Both suffer from the same issue ever since they first started.

1. Flickering in most apps, fullscreen apps flicker more than windowed ones. Sometimes so bad, the screen freezes.
2. Firefox almost always starts to flicker when scrolling (vid1)
3. IE doesn't flicker at all, but when switching between IE tabs in the taks bar it flickers heavily (vid2)
4. Sometimes the Windows 8 boot menu flickers
5. Sometimes the Metro Page flickers
6. Without a graphic driver installed the issue is much much more severe, basicly the screen is constantly flickering as soon as I move the mouse. (vid3)
7. No issues in the fancy asus bios screen, no issues in 3D games.

The videos are here: vid1, vid2, vid3

The flickering looks a bit as if the screen would lose frame sync and display individual vertical lines incorrectly with an 860px offset.

I installed drivers, including the graphic card drivers of course. I tried to reinstall them, I tried older drivers but the issue persists.

Thanks for taking your time and reading this. All help is much much appreciated.
Best wishes
Nept

Edited by nept, 20 January 2013 - 05:57 AM.

Advertisements