Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restoring to Factory Settings.

• Please log in to reply

rangrboyz

rangrboyz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I want to restore my laptop to its factory settings but keep windows 7, just as it was when i first bought it. My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C650. There is no viruses or problems I just wanted to sell it.
Thanks.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What was the original OS?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What is the complete model number? There are lots of C650 models.

See if this works for you: How to recover a Toshiba notebook with the HDD recovery procedure.

If not, try this: how can i restore toshiba satellite c650-1cp without disk or passwords

If that doesn't work, post a screen shot of a full screen Disk Management window. I want to see if the Recovery Partition is there or not.

Press Ctrl+R together to open the Run box.
Type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.
Make it full screen.
How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums (says it's for Vista but also works with Win 7).

Use the Browse and Attach This File buttons below the text input area while using the Full editor to upload and insert here.

Note: If the Recovery Partition is not there, did you create the Recovery DVDs when you first got the computer?

If not, you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here: Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River.
Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.

I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file.

You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.

For techies or folks who work on computers: Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.
This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.