Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows has recovered from a serious error

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I will ask the tech because at this point it is the best option I can follow.

Advertisements

Exelixis

Exelixis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Megaman 8-bit Deathmatch and Worms Armageddon are both shutting down the system just like before even though they're on the exclusion list. And I checked the list after each shutdown just to make sure cause I'm a little OCD. I didn't feel like testing all the other ones cause if these are both crashing the same way then I thoroughly believe DEP exclusion is having no effect.

Edited by Exelixis, 29 January 2013 - 04:03 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK this is what the Global Moderator is suggesting.

ok, I think he needs to try a different emulator. There are several available such as UltraHLE (even though its been discontinued) or 1964.

Bottom line, from what I see, is that many of these have slowed or halted in development or support. I'm betting that a security update, driver update, or something along those lines is causing problems. without dev support, there just isn't much we can do.

Exelixis

Exelixis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Well I thank you guys for your time. At least I've figured out from all the testing that I can control when it crashes as long as I don't open any offending programs.

Edited by Exelixis, 30 January 2013 - 12:54 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Trying another emulator may resolve the issue.

Exelixis

Exelixis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
It's fine, I don't have any need to play n64 games or snes games on this computer anyway when I can play them on my Xbox and PSP. I was mainly listing them because those were a few of the programs that were crashing. I went and tried all my emulators to see if any of them had problems. I would have liked to nip the problem at the root instead of working around it, but since that doesn't seem to be possible I bid you adieu. Thanks for the effort though. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem and I thank you for allowing me to assist you even if we couldn't get the resolution you wanted. Thank you for being so patient with everything and please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.
I will let everyone know you are done with this topic.