Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:58 AM
Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:06 AM
My nick is maliprog and I'll be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:
- Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
- Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
- Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
- Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
- Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
- If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste it to include the log in your reply.
- You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed
Download the adwCleaner
- Run the Tool
(Windows Vista and Windows 7 users: right click in the adwCleaner.exe and select the Run as Administrator option)
- Select the Delete button.
- When the scan completes, it will open a notepad windows.
- Please, copy the content of this file in your next reply.
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
- The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
- The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
Download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it (If running Vista or Windows 7, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator"). Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Under the Custom Scan/Fixes box paste this in
netsvcs %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe /md5start explorer.exe winlogon.exe Userinit.exe svchost.exe services.exe /md5stop %systemroot%\*. /mp /s CREATERESTOREPOINT
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them here for me.
Please don't forget to include these items in your reply:
- adwCleaner log
- Malwarebytes log
- OTL log
- OTL Extras log
Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:12 AM
Fortunately I managed to resolve the problem on my own.
I downloaded http://www.malwarebytes.org after i learned what this thing does to my computer.
I googled "gamevance" and most of the people with the same problem used this program and said it helped. I read that it keeps track on my browsing habits, searches, etc. and then provide this information to hackers. http://www.americanp...-how-to-remove/ That's some nasty intruder and i really hope i managed to remove it in time.
I scanned my computer with the antimalware program and i think it managed to remove everything.
Thanks again for your help.
I will consider downloading adwCleaner if i have any problems in the future.
Edited by Waddle, 23 January 2013 - 03:16 AM.
Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:40 AM
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users