Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can anyone fix this problem?

• Please log in to reply

pingauto

pingauto

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I just switch my internet service to another company last thurs. With the new modem, all other devices have internet access, but my desktop has very unstable internet, everyday @ 5pm the internet will completely shut down. The signal bars are good in right bottom corner all day long. I tried to re-instrall my OS, problem is still there. I test my wifi key on another PC and it works perfectly. The diagnosis i got from chrome is saying something wrong with DNS. I tried to enter the DNS and IP manually, didn't work. I went to change my modem setting to different channels, it seens channel 9 works the best but @5pm it still shuting down. I called for some help and they said everything is working on their side; it must be something wrong with my setting or my hardware. Can anyone help me here please?

Advertisements

Hyacinthknave

Hyacinthknave

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Im a no-geek, but might be able to help u, what company do u use for ur router or internet service?, like i use verizon!, whatever the case make sure u dont have parental control ON and donot have "disable all internet access" enabled...Check this on ur router and the pc settings!

Edited by Hyacinthknave, 13 February 2013 - 11:51 PM.