Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless not working after Win 8 upgrade: HP Pavillion all in one

• Please log in to reply

THMontano

THMontano

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I just upgraded my to windows 8 from windows 7 on HP Pavillion all in one and the wireless capability is not functioning. How can I fix this problem?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can you supply more exact model number for your system? There are several different model numbers for that style. I can then look for the drivers for you.

THMontano

THMontano

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
HP Pavillion MS225

THMontano

THMontano

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you for assisting me!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
On HP's site I cannot find a Win8 driver but the original Win7 driver should work. It is located HERE in the original drivers section.
If the link takes you to where you have to choose your OS just click on the window and choose Win7 32 bit. That will take you to the drivers download page.
You need the Arthellos wireless driver from what I have been able to find.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I would also suggest, after of course what my colleague has said that you go control panel - network and internet - that will then open a window and click on network and sharing centre heading

From there you can then explore what adapter is or is not shown and you can then see the setting - if it is shown - eg. enabled disabled etc.

See my screenshot please

Untitled.jpg

In case you are not yet familiar with 8 - on desktop press the windows key, that will open another window.

It may seem an unusual suggestion, if you are not used to 8, but on that screen simply start typing even although there is no box to type in, as soon as you type "c" without quotes you will probably find that the screen will immediately change to show control panel

you can also go device manager to check there on network adapters.

NOTE - when you type c you will see that if you then right click control panel you can pin to places or open

Edited by Macboatmaster, 22 January 2013 - 12:26 PM.

ShoppingMonk

ShoppingMonk

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
the same problem with windows 7 can any one help me
thanks inadvance

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: ShoppingMonk

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
Please post more information as to your exact issue in your topic. Include any error messages you get as well as your system specs. This will help us to assist you more efficiently.
Thank you for your cooperation.

THMontano

THMontano

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I've tried both and neither solution has worked unfortunately. I received an update request for download and regardless of my response it gave me an error message indicating it was the wrong system update. In terms of the networking center option, it doesn't have the option to select wireless.

Thanks in advance for any further suggestions