Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

huh, interesting

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok it looks like the Advance Uninstall found the whocrashed but what about Revo and Leapfrog?
If it did then just highlight one at a time and click the uninstall button. Does it get rid of each one?

Advertisements

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
no revo so far but this is what came up for Leapfrog. You many only see some of it but it goes on and on. I dont know what kind of files these are??
leapfrog.JPG

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Bingo!! and here is whocrashed. Can I tick all the boxes and give it a shot?
whocrashed.JPG

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
who crashed and revo done. Revo report got rid of all but two files that it cant get rid of but thats better than all that left over. Going to attempt Leapfrog as that has been the main headache.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep get rid of leapfrog now and then it is testing time to see if the issue is resolved now.

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Well got rid of lots and lots. Still stuck with whocrashed on desktop, and if try to delete says must in uninstalled, but not able. Heres whats left.

who crashed 4.JPG
leapfrog 4.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK time for a little sneak attack. Boot into Safe Mode and see if you can uninstall it from there.

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Nope no way. Whocrashed still clinging on. Tried it all. This is so frustrating. Come a long way with you on this just to be stuck with one last one. Dont know what else to try.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The good thing is WhoCrashed doesn't run unless you want it to so it won't cause any issues to leave it there. I don't know if this will work but see if it will find Whocrashed for you and remove it.

We need to temporarily remove your Anti-Virus, as it interes with the fix I want to run. You can reinstall it again later. If you are not happy about doing this, please let me know before proceding

Download AppRemover and run it.

Click Next >>
Posted Image

Ensure "Remove Security Application" is collected and click Next >>
Posted Image

AppRemover will scan all the security applications on your PC
Posted Image

Select Any AVG entries from the applications offered and click Next >> twice.
Posted Image

Follow any further on-screen instructions. If asked to reboot,please do so.

Note: Please do not browse the internet or open any email attachments until your Anti-Virus is re-installed

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Noe doesnt work either. Attached results. Guess I will have to live with it. Darn so close to getting rid of all this. Should be a warning to those who download like crazy. Thanks so much Shafer you have pulled me through a lot over the years. You are awesome.

[attachment=62918:untitled.JPGIt offered to remove avast and that was it?????

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG
  • untitled.JPG

Edited by islandcat, 03 February 2013 - 12:15 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem and I was afraid appremover would only look at the security programs and not the others.

islandcat

islandcat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
I forgot to mention still have some leapfrog hanging on. As attached.

Leapfrog.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I thought it was gone but what happens when you try to uninstall it from the program in the picture?