Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help

• Please log in to reply

cairnzy

cairnzy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have recently purchased a custom built pc, windows 7, came with 120gb ssd with c drive on it. I have added a 500gb drive since purchase.
No windows disk was provided but the Coa is stuck to the side of the tower. There is no recovery partition that I can see.
What I'm wanting to do is restore to factory settings and then change where program files etc to my 500gb drive.
Any help as to do this would be awesome
Cheers

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
If there is no recovery partition then the builder should have provided you with a Windows 7 DVD.

Since If you do not have a Windows 7 installation DVD, you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here: 2.1 Microsoft Windows 7 Official .iso Download Links (Digital River)

Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.

I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file.

You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.

YOU MUST HAVE A VALID KEY TO INSTALL THIS .ISO. The one on the COA sticker on your computer will work.

For techies or folks who work on computers: Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.
This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.

cairnzy

cairnzy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok, thanks for the reply, purchased from cash converters and a disk wasn't with it. Will have a look after work, and post results

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

There is no recovery partition that I can see.

How did you check for it? Try this way and this will tell us.

Go to Start then to Run
Type in compmgmt.msc and click Enter
On left side click on Disk Management
On right side you will see you hard drive.
Male sure the window is open all the way on the top right so I can see all the info it has.
Now I need you to take a screenshot and attach it to your next reply. Do the following to take a screenshot while the above is open and showing on your desktop.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG or PNG and save it to your Desktop
Make sure the window is open all the way so I can see everything on the top right window.

Attach it to your next reply

cairnzy

cairnzy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
installation is my 500gb internal hdd
sizzlefizzle is my 750gb external hdd
not sure what the 100mb one is

Attached Thumbnails

• mn.png