Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Noisy speakers Win8.

• Please log in to reply

Ste

Ste

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hi, I have found various posts on this problem but none seem to answer my problem.

I have recently been inside the case of my pc (tower) to solve a different issue which I have done. The problem now is that I have noise from the speakers.

The sound is that which the modem used to make if you where on dial-up. It is mostly continuous but sometimes has a short break. (I've tidied up the wiring inside to no avail).

I have an old ‘M-Audio Fasttrack’ and the OS is Win8. I know it would probably be presumed that this could be the problem but it has been fine until recently so I am wondering what I could have done to have caused the change. The Fasttrack sits on my desk, it has the usb connection two outs for the speakers which go to a large amp which in turn goes out to two large speakers.

I have connected the cables from the Fasttrack to another smaller amp and the noise is still there. I have also tried ferrite rings in different places but don’t really know what I’m doing.

Any clues?

Advertisements