Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

"Unable to find the printer"

• Please log in to reply

abbeymoore

abbeymoore

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm trying to install an HP Photosmart 5510d series printer. The printer is connected to my wireless network and displays the IP address: 192.168.1.2 When I type that into the setup screen on my laptop, it returns with "unable to find the printer". I'm not very computer savvy, so I'm at a loss. Please help!

Thanks so much!

Advertisements

fyrfyter33

fyrfyter33

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Could that be a 5510 "E"? I cannot find a 5510d printer on hp's site. Regardless, HP network printers are not like normal network printers. You still have to install the software. You cannot just punch in the IP address. Doing this just usually takes you to a status page about the printer, its network config, its estimated ink levels, etc. Go here http://h10025.www1.h...582/loc:0&cc=us Click where it says software & driver downloads. Pick the OS you are currently using. When it gives you the option go under drivers, then download the full feature software and driver. After that downloads, install it, and when that completes and you restart you should be able to print.