Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

os not found

• Please log in to reply

Eddie_X

Eddie_X

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have a computer i just reformated and instaled windows xp on it, but after it copys the files to the compuer it will restart and take me back to where i was befor asking me to either reformat or instal or repair windows, when i take the cd out and restart it says that it cant find the os
have any ideas what i can do to fix this??

the computer is a hp invent and when u turn it on it goes from the black screen to this blue screen that says hp invent on it then to a black screen where it says os not found....

also i did check the bios and it is set for first the cd then the hd....and also tryed the other way around

Advertisements

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Are you using an original Windows XP CD ? HP computers are supplied with a system restore CD which is not the same thing.

Eddie_X

Eddie_X

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yes, im not using the cd that came with the computer...it had windows 2000 on it so i am using a original windows xp home cd

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Maybe just try the repair setting on the CD? If tht doesn't work, try this: http://support.micro...1&Product=winxp

Cheers :tazz:

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
I've seen this problem before on another forum I think. As I recall the solution was to use a bootdisc available from here. The floppy version is free, you have to pay for an ISO that you can burn to CD.

Eddie_X

Eddie_X

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
lol i looked on my hd and the pin was changed...so i put it to master and it works now.....only problem is that it now says that "NTLDR is missing" so i cant get any farther

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Microsoft

Try this.