Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dead usb port on dell studio 1747

• Please log in to reply

dragonryder

dragonryder

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
hello, i have a dell studio 1747. on the system i only have 2 usb ports on the right side. the one towards the front works fine but the one at the back will not recognize anything plugged into it. it will supply power to things i.e. usb powered cooling fan. also i know that the mouse is receiving power because the leds on it light up but the system never loads it for use. i have tried to uninstall the 2 usb root hubs and it still wouldn't work. the usb ports on this system are not mounted directly to the board so i replaced the port thinking maybe the pins broke from the solder or something. no luck there either. i just did a full system wipe and restore, and still no system response from the port.

Advertisements

compfixing

compfixing

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
check the USB cable again, maybe it's not plugged.