Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Have I installed a malicious program from mp4toflvconverter.com?

• Please log in to reply

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
That 99% level in Eset is definitely misleading. Not really sure what it is doing for that very long 1%. System looks clean. How are things running now?

Advertisements

GenBullmoose

GenBullmoose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have seen a noticeable improvement in the response of my programs. I think I just needed to get some crap cleaned out, and it appears I have no malicious programs lurking in my computer.

You have been a TREMENDOUS leader in getting my system cleaned up, and I feel much better that I don't have some evil program hiding on my computer. I don't know how to thank you. I guess we can close this issue out.

You are AWESOME!!!

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
Always glad to be helpful. Just some last steps now to finish up here.

The logs show you have slightly outdated versions of vulnerable programs, so Go to each of these sites and update to the latest version (keep your eyes open - they often slide in "opportunities" for things like Google, or McAfee's scanner):

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/
(For Adobe Reader and Flash Player - uncheck the useless McAfee scan, if offered)

http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
(For Java 7 Update 13 - trying to slip Ask adware/spyware to systems lately, so watch and uncheck it)

Once you have done that, be sure to go to Control Panel, Uninstall/Programs and Features and uninstall any older, more vulnerable Java versions.

---------

Eset, if you don't plan to use it again, uninstalls through the Control Panel - Uninstall/Programs and Features.

You can also at this time delete the files/folders of the tools we used. To assist with some of that, run OTL again. This will help by automatically removing some of the tools we used.

Just click CleanUp, and select Yes. When it finishes removing some of the tools and files we used there just agree to the reboot.

-------

In addition, I like to recommend reviewing the information Here to make sure you stay malware free.

GenBullmoose

GenBullmoose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I got Adobe and Java updated and old Java and Eset uninstalled. I ran OTL again and clicked CleanUp. I'm reviewing the information you supplied to remain malware free.

You have been wonderful in this process! Thank you SO much!!

Jintan

Jintan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 904 posts
:thumbsup: