Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which heatsink would you recommend for i5 3570k?

• Please log in to reply

Googles

Googles

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys.

Thread title says it all. Which do you recommend?

I'm leaning away from liquid cooling systems so please only recommend air cooling.

I'm looking for something under $100 preferably as cheap as I can go. I probably wont OC and even if I do it'll only be for a little. What's the best bang-for-the-buck you can recommend?

What specifications should I be looking for when searching for a fan?
What do you guys think of the Noctua-DH14? Or the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO?

Thank you

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Hi.
The short answer is, the stock cooler.
It has been extensively researched, keeps the CPU within it's thermal footprint at the max stock settings, fan can be a little noisy.

When you buy a retail CPU that includes a stock cooler from both AMD and Intel, it comes with a 3 yea warranty. If you install an after market cooler, your CPU warranty is then null and void.

I would always recommend using the stock cooler to begin with and if absolutely nec, install a different one later.

Case cooling is very important, The best CPU cooler will still fail without good chassis cooling.

Edited by iammykyl, 28 January 2013 - 03:50 AM.