Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

GPU Usage % Question

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hey everyone,

I come to the Geekstogo Technical Support forum today with confusion.

Before I state the issue, understand that I am running a very capable system; specifications are as follows:

- Windows 7 (64 Bit)
- Core i7 2600k - Overclocked: 4.4 GHZ
- 8 Gigabytes of Memory
- 850W Power Supply
- Nvidia GTX 570 - Overclocked and stable (1.075 voltage -- 900 Core Clock -- 2,000 Memory Clock)
- 2 Solid State Drives (1 for operating system, 1 for WoW and other files)
- 1 10,000 RPM Western Digital Raptor Storage Drive

In addition to this, everything on my system has been optimized meticulously for the best performance possible.

Now, here is where my problem lye's.

Most of the time in World of Warcraft I will periodically minimize to look something up on the internet, and upon minimizing I will glance at my copy of MSI Afterburner to see how my temperatures are; and they are always fine! However, what stumps me is the GPU Usage %.

Elaborated, when I am outside of major cities the GPU Usage % usually runs at about 90 - 99%. Though, when I am in any major city, the GPU Usage % drops to about 45 - 50%; and I cannot get it to go any higher.

Below is a link to screen shot that shows what I am speaking of:

Posted Image

Furthermore, here is another link to a screen shot of the settings I use to play WoW. (And let me tell you.. They are FAR below what my system is capable of running.. Almost a joke really.)

System Graphics Screen Shot:

Posted Image

System Graphics - Advanced Screen Shot:

Posted Image

Anyway, if anyone could shed some light on this issue I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you in advance,

Jamespond / Basmastersix

Edited by Basmastersix, 27 January 2013 - 11:19 PM.