Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to print to network printer on Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

skgruz

skgruz

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX580 attached to my Windows 7 computer via USB and setup to share.

I have another computer running Windows Vista when I try and add a new printer it just searches. But I am able to go through and click the ling that says "the printer that i want isn't listed" and i am able to select the printer by name on the network and then print once i establish the original connection.

The problem i run into is sometime later, I have not been able to specify the time frame, it wont let me print form the Windows Vista computer. I get Error - sent to the printer

Thank you for you help

Advertisements

Hyacinthknave

Hyacinthknave

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
First of all im not a geek, second if ur trying to install the printer (not the software that you get with ur printer) through some kind of program, say like ms word, than ur doind it wrong. Even though the printer is installed, it will say offline next to the status. Goto control panel and select hardware and devices and than printer(i think), than ull see the option install printer, than it should ask u if u want to install a wireless (wifi) or cable printer, in ur case its a wireless the bottom option should be chosen, than it will ask u to install from a cd or chose from windows update, chose windows update and let it update (might take some time), than it should give u the list of all the products( printers), select urs and click next and the rest is easy. Another way is to install using the cd, if u dont have the cd, just use the cable with the printer, and if the vista pc is a desktop, than my friend i have no clue if what to do, u can try using the method i told u, and make sure that if ur printer is wifi enabled than it is connected with the home network(router).