Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recurrent wireless connection dropping

• Please log in to reply

emao

emao

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
I recently bought a Lenovo G780 Laptop 2 months ago.
8gb of installed memory.
884gb capacity with 89 gb used.
Windows 8.
Intel Core i7-3520M CPU @ 2.90 GHz.
Qualcomm Atheros AR8162/8166/8168 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)

My wireless network at home is a Verizon Fios MI424WR router. I have no trouble connecting to my wireless network but every so often, my laptop will get dropped from this network. On the taskbar, the 5 wireless signal bars indicate I have limited connectivity and I need to click on it and open available networks and it will indicate "Limited connection" and so I will disconnect and then re-connect to my network without issue. This occurs frequently, most prominently when I am requiring higher bandwidth (including streaming videos (youtube) or playing online games i.e. starcraft). Also, other laptops under this network do not seem to have this problem, at least with streaming videos.

What should I do?

Thank You.

Edited by emao, 31 January 2013 - 12:22 AM.

Advertisements