Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Outlook 2000

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Problem with Outlook, everytime I reply to an e-mail and go into the body of e-mail I'm replying to and hit any key my e-mail address pops up instead of the key I typed. This is getting frustrating because everytime I try write anything my e-mail address gets put in instead of what I want to type. Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks very much in advance.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have the Office CD open an Office programme, click help then detect and repair, tick restore shortcuts

Using Word will be OK as you do not want Outlook trying to collect mail during the repair

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
That's because when you are modifying what someone else has written. it inserts your name, or in this case your email address in brackets to denote that you are adding notes to the original message.

If you want, you can turn this feature off by doing the following:
1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. On the Preferences tab, click E-mail Options.
3. Click to clear the Mark my comments with check box.
4. Click OK, and then click OK again to save your changes.

Hope that helps.

Edited by back2killah, 06 June 2005 - 05:31 PM.