Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having problems using IE + various programs [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

alan982

alan982

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Good day Sirs & Madams,

I'm having problems using Internet Explorer. I can use it for a short time, and then I can't open internet-windows anymore.
Also sometimes when I wanna go to various webpages I get linked to a weird page, which is "http://217.170.4.137...in/index.html".
It asks for your agreement to enter the page, which I of course declined.

I think it is caused by the file "KYSVCXD.EXE"
Furthermore there are 3 other files called "aim.exe" & "wkssvc.exe" & "ERASEME_86068.EXE".
In task manager the files "aim.exe" & "wkssvc.exe" show up and show off all the time.
By using the windows file search service, I only found "ERASEME_86068.EXE".
In hope of spotting the other files, I deleted "ERASEME_86068.EXE".
Now I am not sure wether I did the right thing by deleting such file with such name "ERASEME_86068.EXE" ,furthermore I still couldn't find the other files.
After that I tried the alternative way by using Spybot to get rid of them.
And the result of it was a problem called "CnsMin", which Spybot couldn't get rid of.

I hope that somebody can help me with my problem.
Many thanks in advance!

Edited by alan982, 06 June 2005 - 01:08 PM.

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi alan982 and welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Excal and I will be helping you.

If you still need help, please post a fresh Hijack log so I can help you with your Malware Problems.

:tazz:

Excal

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with address of this thread. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.