Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows xp hd into a windows 7 computer?

• Please log in to reply

CompCav

CompCav

Member 5k

• Expert
  • 12,454 posts
Use Paint in Accessories to load the picture then edit it with lines and make the arrow out of lines.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Would you agree that it is Pin 2 that is broken Chuck.

Have a look at this IDE Drive Pinout.

http://pinouts.ru/HD...al_pinout.shtml

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Use Paint in Accessories to load the picture then edit it with lines and make the arrow out of lines.

Thank you! I learned something awesome and it worked great. Unfortunately....See next post...

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Sorry, I feel so dumb. I have spent major time trying to attach the picture and I just don't seem to be able to do it. I went to FAQ, found two post. One of them was "How to add an attachment to a new topic or reply" The other is "How to upload an image to G2G and include it in your post". I followed the directions as well as I could.
This post is being made using the "Full editer" button. Below this box there are two places in the "Attachments" area. Below those boxes there is a line that reads "Used 0bytes of your 5MB global upload quota (Max. single file size: 2MB)" I used the "Browse..." button and it has the file location in the box. Nowhere on this page can I find a place to click "Attach" or "Upload".

The pic is ready to upload if someone can get me straightened out...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It should be right under the browse button.

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
It is not there.
I can find no help with the "Help with attaching files
Try our advanced uploader which supports multiple file uploading (modern browser required") link either.

I moved the pic to "My Documents" and have it attached on this post as well but there is still no Attach or Upload button to hit.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You can go to mediafire and join since it won't attach here or If your attachment is to big to attach then go to Mediafire .
Register and upload your file.
Then reply with the link located to the right of your now uploaded file on Mediafire

www.mediafire.com

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Praying I did this right....

http://www.mediafire...jzuy7933dujs4t4

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

You can go to mediafire and join since it won't attach here or If your attachment is to big to attach then go to Mediafire .
Register and upload your file.
Then reply with the link located to the right of your now uploaded file on Mediafire

www.mediafire.com

rshaffer61, Thank you so much. I am slowly learning, now if I can retain some of this....

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Would you agree that it is Pin 2 that is broken Chuck.

Have a look at this IDE Drive Pinout.

http://pinouts.ru/HD...al_pinout.shtml

I agree. It is strange how this diagram has the pictures flipped if you compare the left picture to the right.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It looks like the broken pin is the culprit and in my opinion you need to replace the drive. I don't believe you will be able to repair that unless it is sent to the manufacturer but I honestly don't know if they could repair it or even how much it would cost.

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
OK. As I posted in a previous topic, "I am better at turning wrenches than I am at pushing buttons". I will set this aside for the time being but I will still make another go at it. I have a disabled cousin who has a computer that has broke down on her and I will try to help her using you guys genious input, but even that will have to wait for now. Thank you for your help and I will get back to this after I run it through my head a little bit. I have been successful at repairing LED readout soldering problems in the past and maybe with a little luck this hd can still be made to boot up one more time. Thank you all for your genious help!!!

chuckgibson

chuckgibson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
That last line can not be stated enough...

THANK YOU!!!!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome but please watch this topic as others may be able to offer further help on repairing the drive.
:thumbsup: