Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with sound

• Please log in to reply

mindydee113

mindydee113

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hi there,

My mom just got a new "tablet" for Xmas. I have spent the day trying to hook-up the router, that comes with the tablet, to her desktop computer. So that she can have wireless internet on the tablet. I thought I had it all figured out, when I realized that there is no longer any sound on her desktop computer. I'm not sure what I did to mess up the sound. I just unplugged the new router for the tablet & decided to contact u guys. I want to deal with the sound issue, before I go back to hooking up her wireless tablet. Her computer is an HPw2007 desktop. She has speakers hooked up to this desktop. The speakers are working fine, other than the fact there is no sound coming out of them. They are connected and I can hear static coming out of them, but that is it. Any clues on where I should start to try and fix this mess?

Advertisements

mindydee113

mindydee113

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
no reply???? anybody????? help!

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Since it's new, restore it to factory and start over again.

What us the make and model number of the tablet?