Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Benq XL2420TX calibration

• Please log in to reply

kung lao

kung lao

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hey Guys!!! I'm back again after more than 6 months. You guys probably remember from summer when I needed help with my nzxt+rampage 4 extreme build. Well it's been a while and my PC has been performing excellently. At one point I tried NV surround gaming but I was limited by SLI 570 vram. Now I decided to go the 3D/120 Hz gaming to make full use of my cards. First, I must say that 3D gaming is waaaay better than I expected and gaming at 120 fps is a blast.

However, I have an issue with my new monitor: out of the box the image quality is horrible. I read some forums and reviews from TFT central and Tom's hardware that suggest the optimal calibration settings, these settings weren't bad but not as good as I'd've liked. After fiddling around a bit, I found the option in the Nvidia control panel and I played around with the sliders a little. The result was astonishing! Colors were brighter and blacks were deeper; it was great.

Now I am reading that calibrating the monitor from the OS can cause permanent damage to the display and that it is not recommended. I also notice that sometimes when I start games, the colors and brightness will change and sometimes remain until I go back to the nvidia control panel (only sometimes).

What do you guys think about changing color in the nvidia console? Is it safe? is it recommended? Is there another better way?

Advertisements