Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Messed up my laptop

• Please log in to reply

spoconno

spoconno

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone,

I have an hp pavilion g7 series laptop. The hinge on the monitor broke, so I took my laptop apart to get the hinge more secure. During this process I unhooked a handful of awm ribbon cables and the tiny black clips that connected the motherboard to the keyboard, power button, etc.

I removed the cables and black clips thinking it wouldn't be a problem, however, I couldn't get the black clips to snap back on and now I'm thinking that is why the laptop won't start. Any advice on what to do about this situation would be appreciated.

Best,
Sean

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Hello Sean and welcome to Geeks To Go

I would suggest taking it to a reputable qualified PC repair shop so they can reassemble it for you.

Take your wallet along with you as your attempt at DIY may prove costly.