Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting BSOD very often lately on Windows 7!

• Please log in to reply

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I've attached the info you've asked for!

start5.jpg start4.jpg start3.jpg start2.jpg \start1.jpg

Edited by sour11, 12 April 2013 - 11:35 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK this is going to take some time and some explanations from you so please bear with me.

On the top picture you posted please make sure the bluetooth and Netgear are checked.
The next picture down please check Realtek HD and the Creative entries.
Third picture please check Malwarebytes and let me know what the two Microsoft entries are.

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Checked off what you said.

The first Microsoft entry is: "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey

The second: C:\Windows\System32\StikyNot.exe

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK msseces.exe is MSE so if you have another AV you don't need to worry about that one.
The second is not needed either since you can activate Sticky Notes anytime you need it.

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Gotcha, where do we go from here lol. Thank you for all the help by the way!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Now lets see if this helps.

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Now lets see if this helps.

Ok sounds like a plan to me, I really hope this does the trick. I'll come back here IF (emphasis on the if) I get a BSOD. Thank you for all the help so far rshaffer61!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are welcome and I am honored and humbled at your willingness to try different directions of resolution. :thumbsup:

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

You are welcome and I am honored and humbled at your willingness to try different directions of resolution. :thumbsup:

I have to get to the bottom of things lol, I hate leaving things hanging so to speak. Plus I love learning all the new knowledge you gain by troubleshooting. Who knows maybe I can pay it forward and help someone else out sometime!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are welcome to reply to any topic you think you can help in other then the malware forums.

Advertisements

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Well shaffrer after 2+ weeks of no blue screens, I just got my first one! Just when I thought it was over! I haven't installed anything new nor changed any settings. Here is the log file from bluescreenview. I guess the update I did to that driver didn't fix it after all. Note that ntoskrnl.exe has shown up in 95% of my bluescreens.

==================================================
Dump File : 050113-17253-01.dmp
Crash Time : 5/1/2013 1:25:15 AM
Bug Check String : KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x0000001e
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : mvs91xx.sys
Caused By Address : mvs91xx.sys+65cf
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75bd0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\050113-17253-01.dmp
Processors Count : 8
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 291,544
==================================================

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Below is the description of the driver causing your issue.

Our database contains 22 different files for filename mvs91xx.sys . This files most often belongs to product Marvell magni. and were most often developed by company Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.. This files most often have description Marvell magni Windows Driver. This file contains driver. You can find it in the Drivers section of the System Explorer.

Do you have DriverMax installed?
If not try installing it and running the driver scan to find the out dated driver.

Download DriverMax and have it scan your system. It will open their website with all the out of date drivers you can update. With the free version you can update only 2 drivers per day so if you have a lot of them it will take a few days to get everything updated. I have been using it for about 4 months now and like it better then any other utility out there for keeping my drivers up to date.
If you want you can post screenshots of all the drivers in the list that need to be updated and I will suggest in what order to get them.

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Doing that now. Its weird though Drivermax is should a few drivers that are up to date, saying they are out of date. Like my gfx card for instance...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you sure the version drivermax is showing is the same version you have installed? My video card updates almost every month with a new driver.

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Yes I went to nvida's site and I have the current driver, yet driver max is telling me its not. Its also doing this for a few other drivers. Should I go ahead and still let it update?