Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting BSOD very often lately on Windows 7!

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep just to make sure there is not a unknown update they found in the current version.

Advertisements

juliadexter

juliadexter

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
at times we ignore minor things... plz make it sure that each usb device is unplugged.

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hello Shaffer! After updating all my drivers and using Clean my PC to straighten up my registry, I've been free of blue screens for awhile! Until a short time ago. They are back plaguing me once again. This time its : Rt64win7.sys and ntoskrnl.exe that seems to be causing me problems, as they both show up in the same error log pasted below. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence, but literally 99% of the time I get a BSOD its when I'm browsing the web, watching videos on youtube or another site. I can tell a BSOD is coming because the audio on the video will shudder for about 3-5 seconds before it happens. Any help with this would be appreciated like always.

==================================================
Dump File : 062813-16380-01.dmp
Crash Time : 6/28/2013 3:26:13 AM
Bug Check String : KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x0000001e
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : Rt64win7.sys
Caused By Address : Rt64win7.sys+31b8
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75bd0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\062813-16380-01.dmp
Processors Count : 8
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 291,600

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
First off Clean My PC is not a good program to use. It has been proven to find problems even on a system with a fresh installation of your OS.
Second point is that the driver it shows as the culprit is most likely the Realtek Nic which looks to be a old driver. Update it with the newest driver HERE.
Third your bug check confirms the error is either memory or a driver. We checked the memory at the beginning of this topic so we know that is not the problem.
Fourth your confirmation that the BSOD happens 99% of the time while browsing the internet further confirms it would be the nic card as the culprit.

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

First off Clean My PC is not a good program to use. It has been proven to find problems even on a system with a fresh installation of your OS.
Second point is that the driver it shows as the culprit is most likely the Realtek Nic which looks to be a old driver. Update it with the newest driver HERE.
Third your bug check confirms the error is either memory or a driver. We checked the memory at the beginning of this topic so we know that is not the problem.
Fourth your confirmation that the BSOD happens 99% of the time while browsing the internet further confirms it would be the nic card as the culprit.

I only used Clean My PC once or twice, I won't use it anymore though knowing that. I updated my nic card driver and so far no BSODs in the past day or so. Hopefully that did the trick.
If not you'll be hearing back from me, I won't get my hopes up though as they always like to come say hi after awhile Posted Image. Thanks for all your help!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I will continue to monitor this topic in case the BSOD happens again. Please update me in a couple of days to how everything is running. I am glad the updated nic driver does seem to have helped. :thumbsup:

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

I will continue to monitor this topic in case the BSOD happens again. Please update me in a couple of days to how everything is running. I am glad the updated nic driver does seem to have helped. :thumbsup:

All seemed to be good until a few minutes ago I got hit with a BSOD. Looks like tcpip.sys is acting up again. Also there was ndis.sys included with the tcpip.sys error this time Posted Image. Once again it was while watching stuff on youtube. I never get a BSOD during anything else but browsing on the net.

Dump File : 070613-17612-01.dmp
Crash Time : 7/6/2013 4:59:09 PM
Bug Check String : KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x0000001e
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : tcpip.sys
Caused By Address : tcpip.sys+63cb5
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75bd0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\070613-17612-01.dmp
Processors Count : 8
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 291,616

Edited by sour11, 06 July 2013 - 03:31 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Again the error points to your nic card being the issue and more specifically the driver.. Do you use torrents and what AV are you using?

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
I use torrents once in awhile (utorrent). I updated to the suggested nic card driver you posted a few posts up. Is there another driver I can update to? If so can you post directly to that driver? I use the windows security essentials.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You can run Drivermax again and have it scan your system to see if a newer nic or lan card driver is available. There may be a firewall issue with youtube that could be causing the issue also. The third possibility is a faulty nic card. The fourth and final possibility is a hidden infection.

Advertisements

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

You can run Drivermax again and have it scan your system to see if a newer nic or lan card driver is available. There may be a firewall issue with youtube that could be causing the issue also. The third possibility is a faulty nic card. The fourth and final possibility is a hidden infection.

Haven't had a BSOD in the week since I posted this. Drivermax didn't show any updates available and I'm clean from having any infections. Also had someone knowledgeable in computer hardware tell me its highly doubtful I have a faulty nic card, that it's most likely driver related. Seems like I'm just going to have to experiment with different drivers until I can get the right one that doesn't piss my system off Posted Image. It's so random how I can go for days sometimes weeks with no problems, it's almost as if something that runs only once in awhile is not agreeing with my nic card, you know? I just would think it would happen alot more often if it was something that was used all the time. In the meantime i'll just roll with how the PC is now and if I get any more BSOD's i'll report back to you and go from there! Thanks again shaffer!

Edited by sour11, 13 July 2013 - 10:18 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is it happening more a certain sites or is just totally random when it happens?

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
random, although it happens on youtube more often then any other site.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can you get a new WhoCrashed report for me please.

sour11

sour11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Had a few weeks with no problems but I just had another BSOD, same as always. I think I might have to use a older driver or something because even with the newest it still BSODs.

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED0x0000001e00000000`0000000000000000`0000000000000000`0000000000000000`00000000
tcpip.systcpip.sys+63cb5 x64ntoskrnl.exe+75bd0
C:\Windows\Minidump\073113-18236-01.dmp8157601262,144

Crash Dump Analysis
Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Wed 7/31/2013 5:07:00 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\073113-18236-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BD0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 7/31/2013 5:07:00 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheck+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntkrnlmp.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion
2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Consider configuring your system to produce a full memory dump for better analysis.

Edited by sour11, 30 July 2013 - 11:18 PM.