Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

moniter displaying "no vga input" all of a sudden

• Please log in to reply

Jbblossom

Jbblossom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Now I was just using this computer/moniter last night. I usually don't turn my computer off when I go to bed, I just put it in sleep mode, but yesterday for some reason my mouse stopped working for no apparent reason, so I turned off my computer. The moniter was already not working with another computer but I never had any trouble with the one I'm posting about. I go to boot up today and it only displays "no vga input" and goes to sleep. I changed the cr2032 battery (just learned that so tried on both pc's) and they both do boot up, just with no moniter signal. Reset ram, cleaned with compressed air, still nothing. All I can figure is the on board graphics card had gone bad, however I'm hoping I'm wrong, unfotunately I have no money for parts or a new pc. Any ideas how to get this old girl running again? Btw it's a Dell dimension e5200 with Windows xp x64 sp3

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

You said you have a Dimension E5200. Do you mean the E520 as I can't find any info on the E5200? The E520 has 4 diagnostic LEDS on the front of the case - if you have these, are they giving an error code?

You indicated that the PC seems to be booting fully even though there's no display. If this is the case, then the chances are the problem is with the monitor, not the video card. Do you have any way of testing the monitor? i.e can you connect it to another desktop or laptop.

This may be a stupid question, but can you also please confirm that you do only have the one video card? i.e. the on-board one only.

Samm