Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mousepad trouble

• Please log in to reply

vistasucks

vistasucks

• PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
hi all, me again :rolleyes:
i have just managed to sort this lappy out after fitting a new HDD, thanks wolfeymole. :thumbsup: ..sorted out the update problem and everything was running fine untill i installed the last update...now the scroll button on my mousepad wont work..
i think the update was for internet explorer...anyone got any ideas if the two are related or is it just coinsidence.

thanks for your time
regards
nige

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Hello again Nige. :)

IE would probably kill a bull moose but that's by the by.

Just a thought mate but some lappys have a touchpad on/off switch, you haven't accidentally turned it off have you?

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Hello again Nige. :)

IE would probably kill a bull moose but that's by the by.

Just a thought mate but some lappys have a touchpad on/off switch, you haven't accidentally turned it off have you?

:lol: ..hello mate
dunno if ive turned it off, it wouldnt surprise me :rolleyes:
the rest of the mouse pad works fine, its purely the scroll button, and i dont use IE, cos i dont like it, but i read somewhere that i should keep it updated for security reasons, personally id rather get shot of it...i was wondering whether to try removing the update to see what happens...good or bad idea ??????any idea where i would find this switch if i have one...i also notice the animation has disappeared from the system tray( is that right, bottm right of screen )..it was there before..i'll have another dig around but if you come up with any ideas then one would be eternally grateful
anyway mate, thanks for the reply :thumbsup:

fyrfyter33

fyrfyter33

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
That sounds like a corrupted driver, and the software controller for the touchpad is not functioning. I suggest you visit the laptop manufacturers website, and download the latest driver and software for the touchpad.

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

That sounds like a corrupted driver, and the software controller for the touchpad is not functioning. I suggest you visit the laptop manufacturers website, and download the latest driver and software for the touchpad.

i'll give that a try, thanks mate :thumbsup:

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
downloaded new driver and its working again..you guys are GOOD...huge thanks chaps, nige is happy bunny again :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: