Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Live Mail continuously updating calendar

• Please log in to reply

CalicaCJA

CalicaCJA

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi,

I have recently had a problem with my Hotmail account and calendar within Windows Live Mail 2012.

A few days ago my Hotmail account stopped downloading messages with an error message (which I no longer have a record of). I have since removed the account from Live Mail. If I add the account again, I get the message "Windows Live Mail is synchronising this account. Check again in a few minutes to read your messages" - this message never disappears, and my emails do not download. My emails are fine if I get them direct from the live.com website.

More importantly, about the same time my calendar appears to have a problem. It keeps updating the calendar continuously - this then stops it from rechecking my other emails. If I close Windows Live Mail down and restart it, it'll check emails, then the calendar without a problem, but then after a short while it'll say 'updating calendar' / 'your calendar has been updated' all the time.

I have tried repairing the installation. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it - same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not too bothered about the hotmail emails, but the calendar is quite annoying!

Thank you

Advertisements