Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATAPI Problem

• Please log in to reply

ntlyke

ntlyke

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hello.

For the 3rd time, I still get rid of my laptop's problems. I had ATAPI problem last time and at the end something went very bad and you recommended me that re-install the Windows. I did that and it worked for a month very good. But nowadays it still keeps doing weird things.

1) I cant enter to a folder on Desktop (E/A Gerätefehler - something like probably I/O Device error)
2) Sometimes there's a ticking sound from the harddrive (pretty sure from there)

3) Crystal disk info showed always from the first time that I had some yellow warning.
4) WD Diagnostics failed! And this the 2nd broken harddrive they have sent me.

p.s : I have some files in the minidump folder, I can show upload them if you want to.

It looks like the harddrive is broken but can it be something else?

p.p.s : My Atapi controller drivers are from 2006 and I uploaded an AMD controller drive yesterday and it just made everything worse.

Thanks.

ACER ASPIRE 8530G AMD TURION x2

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
3 indications the hard drive is defective. Replace it again.