Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC shuts down after 2 seconds

• Please log in to reply

Kir

Kir

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer of 2 years shuts down 2s after i press the power button. all the lights and fans are turned on for a second and the power button on the mobo lights up too. I have tried both ram sticks and it still is not working. I have tried discharging my psu also.

my specs are
i5-660 msi + p55a-g55 mobo
kingston 2gb x 2
seasonic 520w bronze
amd radeon 6850

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: Kir

Has any attempt been made to overclock the system or have there been any power outages or spikes previous to this happening.

Couple of initial troubleshooting suggestions for you to check for us;

1: Your MB has two video card slots, try the video card in the slot that is not presently in use.

2: I do not see an onboard BIOS speaker on the MB diagram but do you normally hear a single beep when the POST normally completes successfully, if you do please remove both sticks of Ram, reassemble the computer, turn on the power and see if you get any error beeps.

3: In case of a bad MB setting remove the CR2032 battery on the MB for a while and then replace it, this will restore the MB back to the default factory settings, see attachment below.

Post back with an update when you have completed the above.

Veeg

Veeg

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
You could have some bad capacitors,causing this..