Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Clone keeps cycling thru startup but never loads

• Please log in to reply

Ospina01

Ospina01

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well i have searched all over this forum so if i have dup. im sorry but i couldnt find anything that was even close to what im having issues with.

I have a clone PC im working on, the client says that "it just shutoff". Prior to this day he brought it to me because it was making a load noise and locking up and shuting off, i assumed it was over heating as his case fan was frozen (buzzing) so i RNR and new one the system started up i ran a diagnostic all was running smooth, no problems. yesterday he drops it by the shop saying "it just shut off". I ran a diagnostic again all was good but the DVD rom came back failed, i plugged in a new one. the system goes thru memory check ok, list IDE drives but it list "F1 to continue or DEL to enter setup"... if i press DEL it takes me to the bios, i loaded the defaults to get it to load. It cycled thru again "F1 to continue blah blah" so i press F1.... it comes up with the bar across the bottom with "windows is loading files' but it only gets to "windows is lo" then locks up.

I changed out the ribbon to the hardrive...same
I tried to boot from CD...same
I tried a new DVD rom ...same
I tried a new hard drive and boot from cd... same
I tried a new PSU......same
no mater what i try its the same.

I stripped it down to nothing, reset the CMOS tried all over again.
Loaded from CD got into windows 7 recovery and locks up during recovery. then im back at square 1. I dont want to write it off because he is an ol'timer w/o a lot of money so im doing this for free.

So i loaded Hirens and each test script that i have ran on it comes back all is good. it has found nothing wrong. I pulled the CPU/heatsink maybe it was that time........ no, it works fine in another system.

Please if any of you have any suggestions please give me feed back.

P4 2.8ghz, 2gb DDR, 160gb HD, 500W PSU,

UPDATE: I created an iso file of my Win 7 and created a bootable USB with the iso mounted on it, it found the usb started to load files and locked up again (i used a new hard drive) and still nothing

Edited by Ospina01, 05 February 2013 - 09:42 PM.

Advertisements