Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

streaming videos from ftp

• Please log in to reply

deadlysporks

deadlysporks

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hey yall I am new to here but hoping to get into the community but fist I have a question of my own. I am tryign to host some videos to be embedded in websites and I am currently havign them on my free account through tripod (bleh) either way they only give me 1 gig of bandwidth and that will run out quickly so I was wonderign if it was possible to host them through my ftp server or if there is a program out there that will let me use my ip as an http istead of ftp either way any help is much appriciated thanx yall

-Dave

Advertisements

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Easiest solution would be top change your provider, there are many out there with unlimited band width. I'm assuming Tripod are free?

Let me know!

deadlysporks

deadlysporks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey spike thanx for your idea and yes tripod is free. though I did figure out a pretty workable solution... Apache web server.... and BOY was that a pain to configure lol(completely text based configuration) it only took two hours haha and now I will figure out how much bandwidth my provider allows me heheh but yeah if you guys wanna see the video I have so far its a cute little song by dynamite hack in about the middle of the page

http://www.myspace.com/pukeonya

thanx again

-dave