Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burning smell still remains after replacing psu

• Please log in to reply

jsound19

jsound19

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi, one of my computers had a OCZ Stealthxstream 700w psu but it shorted about two weeks ago and it left a really bad smell of burning plastic. I got it taken out and replaced it with a OCZ 600mxsp and this is my first time booting the pc up since i got the computer back. However, the smell is still there and I was wondering if it's normal or if there's another problem with my computer? Thanks

Advertisements

Veeg

Veeg

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Hi, one of my computers had a OCZ Stealthxstream 700w psu but it shorted about two weeks ago and it left a really bad smell of burning plastic. I got it taken out and replaced it with a OCZ 600mxsp and this is my first time booting the pc up since i got the computer back. However, the smell is still there and I was wondering if it's normal or if there's another problem with my computer? Thanks

Yes that is fairly normal and eventually the smell will go away...