Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reformatted PC and still lag. Is it hardware or strong virus?

• Please log in to reply

evolnomis

evolnomis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
i'm real sorry for the much belated reply...since we last talked, the lag is still the same and i didn't do anything new.

I looked over the boot cd method and was stuck as i didn't have a cd at home and keep putting off buying it. Do you think that that is an absolutely important test? I was hoping to bypass that and do something else you might have thought of recently (if you thought of anything).

Thanks

Advertisements

evolnomis

evolnomis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
I made the boot CD but can't find a way to run it. Pushing any F key or del key does not work. I have never been able to go to BIOS to change to make the CD-rom the priority bootup method. Can you help me with this? thanks.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Sorry for the delay. Was on vacation for a month. We really need the CD boot to see if the problem is in your PC or in Windows.

See if helps to change the boot order.

Also remember to hold down the Fn button when trying to type F2 or F12 during a boot.

evolnomis

evolnomis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Sorry. I haven't checked this thread in a long time.

But because of your latest reply (which i just saw today), i was able to boot from the Hirem CD and run the MiniXP....
I saw no lag. But since I can't run big programs in it, I am not 100% sure that there is no lag. But I used the notepad and went through the menus quickly and there was no lag.

Since my last reply in June, I reformatted my computer and the lag is still the same. So the same problem persists.