Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

netgear wna3100 n-300 driver stops working

• Please log in to reply

TrueEvangelionLover

TrueEvangelionLover

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i have a netgear wna3100 n-300 wireless adapter and for some reason after some time of installing the latest driver for it it just stops working then i have to uninstall and reinstall it so i know the device is still just fine im using windows xp on a mpc clientpro 375 please help

Advertisements

househeart

househeart

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Hi TrueEvangelionLover have you already tried to manually update the Windows 8 drivers that you have dowloaded from the Device Manager? Try to right-click on the NETGEAR adapter model that should appear under Network adapters or other devices from the Device Manager then choose 'Update Driver Software' then browse your computer for the driver software.

househeart

househeart

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Oops I have Windows 8 on the brain at the moment I meant using Windows XP Control Panel then selecting the device manager as above.

TrueEvangelionLover

TrueEvangelionLover

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
tried every thing even that so i said screw it and checked to see if my computer can run windows 7 pro and i can so i reformated to that and its working so far i just have troubles downloading large files so problem sorta solved but thanks anyway

TrueEvangelionLover

TrueEvangelionLover

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
oh and how do i end this topic since i dont realy need any help on this

househeart

househeart

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

tried every thing even that so i said screw it and checked to see if my computer can run windows 7 pro and i can so i reformated to that and its working so far i just have troubles downloading large files so problem sorta solved but thanks anyway

Yes I have great trouble downloading large files too. I can never tell how long it's going to take!