Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD: driver power state failture | ntoskrnl.exe

• Please log in to reply

pcstress

pcstress

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I bought a new Asus all in one PC about a month and a half ago. Just recently I had 2 BSOD's in this week. Never had any problems otherwise.

What happens is at night when I go to bed, I'll let a youtube video play to help me fall asleep. So I'll sometimes set the PC to go to sleep after about an hour or sometimes I just leave it at never. So on 2/4/13 when I wake up the PC is turned off!

When I turn it back on it asks which mode I want to boot in. I choose normal. Once booted, it tells me Windows recovered from a serious something. I click on check for solutions online, but it finds nothing and the notice just dissappears.

Now just this morning 2/7/13 it happened again! I am looking at the dmp files in bluescreenview. The dates are supposed to be different, but it shows as 2/7/13 for both. I took the files from the culprit PC and brought it to this one I'm typing on.

What steps should I take?

Win7
Asus ET2701INKI-B030C

Attached Thumbnails

• bsod.jpg

Advertisements

Brennan C.

Brennan C.

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Chiming in to report a similar issue on my system. Custom-built desktop, about 3.5 years old, running Windows 7. I've attached a screenshot from BlueScreenView, as well. I've had two of these crashes so far; the one in the screencap was just a few minutes ago, and the first one was just a few days ago. I wasn't doing anything particularly resource-intensive when my system crashed; just browsing the internet as I normally would before the crashes started. My system specs:

Operating System: MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720 Heka 45nm Technology
RAM: 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 401MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-MA790X-UD4P (Socket M2)
Graphics: SM2333T (1920x1080@60Hz) ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (MSI)
Hard Drives: 625GB Western Digital WDC WD6401AALS-00L3B2 ATA Device (SATA) (2x)
Optical Drives: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223Q ATA Device
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio
Browser: Google Chrome Version 24.0.1312.57 m

Posted Image

Edited by Brennan C., 08 February 2013 - 01:22 PM.

Brennan C.

Brennan C.

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
It just happened again; it was about a minute after waking my computer up from sleep mode this morning:
Posted Image
Note the different driver, but the same address...? I'm not too sure what that means, this is out of my league.

Edit: My apologies, I thought that grouping similar issues together would be useful.

Edited by Brennan C., 11 February 2013 - 03:28 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
BrennanC

You have with respect gone about posting your problem the wrong way

If you read our guide when you joined you would have seen

4. Ask your question
After you've selected a category, click the Start New Topic button (as shown to the left).

Don't see these buttons? They are only visible to registered members.

Next step

as in red above START A NEW TOPIC. By posting on the topic started by pcstress you have caused his topic to be shown as replied to. Therefore people helping like myself have NOT looked at the issue believing someone had already assisted.

It is too late now but please bear this in mind for future use. I am offline now for about an hour. If when I come back, no one else has stepped in I will assist you.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 11 February 2013 - 04:38 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
pcstress

Welcome to Geeks to Go

As above on my post 4. I am sorry that you did not receive a reply.

Do you still require help please.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
BrennanC

It is unlikely I think that pcstress is returning after a non reply from 4 days ago

Send me the dmp file please zipped and attached here as you attached the screenshot

Blue Screen View is OK but I have a better analysing program

Brennan C.

Brennan C.

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hello,

I've attached the dump file, as requested.

Attached Files

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I now see you have IN FACT started another topic on the issue.

We will continue on that one.

pcstress

sorry again for the lack of response, as explained on earlier posts

We are ready to assist if you still require our help.