Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo Email

• Please log in to reply

John Bull

John Bull

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I was keen to have a second account on my Yahoo Email. It seemed easy enough from the instructions, but guess what ? I failed the test with 1st class honours.

Somehow I got a panel giving my Email as the account holder - [email protected] and there was a box entitled User Name. Thinking that this would give me a second account I entered James.

I expected to get - [email protected], but all I got was an alias. Now, instead of a second account, Fred sends and receives messages under alias James. Fred is no longer with us except as my on-screen passive account holder.

Could somebody please tell me how to get rid of this alias James so I can revert back to being good old Fred again. I have tried everything I know, but James is immortal and will not throw in the towel. I have tried garlic, a wooden stake and a silver bullet, but James is immune to all this hocus-pokus.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi John Bull,

Sounds like you set yourself up with an alias. Please follow these instructions and tell me what you see:

• Open Yahoo email and click on the OPTIONS tab. (Should be found to the right of the INBOX - CONTACTS - CALENDAR tabs)
  • On that page, what name appears in the Sending name: field? If it displays James, delete and type in Fred then click Save.

Let me know what you find and if that fixed your problem.

Donna :)

Edited by DonnaB, 08 February 2013 - 09:07 PM.