Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Locked out of computer; Windows 8

• Please log in to reply

hp2013

hp2013

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I use an HP laptop that has Simplepass (swipe your finger and it automatically remembers passwords). I downloaded Windows 8 and my simplepass would not work. I uninstalled the current simplepass drivers I had to reinstall the correct version of simplepass for Windows 8. Before I could reactivate/download the new simple pass, I walked away from my computer and it locked. Simplepass was the only way I had into my computer. I never had a real password that I typed in. So now it is prompting me for my password, but I never created one. It gives me the option to use the fingerprint option (simplepass), but since I unistalled it obviously it does not work. I cannot get into my computer. What should I do?

Thanks!!

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Sorry you have waited a reply

Welcome to Geeks to Go

I am obviously wrong, but I thought SimplePass required a password to be created in the normal way, before SimplePass could be used to substitute the fingerprint swipe for the password.

What happens when if you are asked for the password you simply leave it blank

Additionally to that when you downloaded Windows 8 did the upgrade advisor not recommend the uninstall of simplepass, as I understood only the most recent version was compatible with 8., and when you did download 8, did the setup procedure itself not offer you the opportunity to choose your user name and password irrespective of what happened after your upgrade of simplepass

Please forgive what may be the incorrect questions as I do not and have never used Simplepass