Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't open downloads

• Please log in to reply

grannyinschool

grannyinschool

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I try to open up a download, it makes another download.

Also, my daughter thought she was helping & re-installed an old systems disc over my windows Vista and I don't know what's going on or if that's even the problem,but I can't find my Windows Vista disc and the system restore goes to a very recent date, a date since my computer has not been working properly! Please help!

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
What were you trying to download Granny and what operating system did your daughter install?

grannyinschool

grannyinschool

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm trying to open homework mostly and the operating system she put over the Vista (I'm not sure if it worked or if it messed up the computer any more, but it was Windows 98. Is there some way that I can get this computer back to like the day I first got it, and get all of this crap off of it?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What is the make and model number of your computer? It may have a system recovery partition on the hard drive you can use to restore it to factory new state.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
You had Windows 98 on your machine and your daughter tried to put Vista on it Granny?

Oh my God.

If we do manage to get your system functioning again I strongly recommend that you don't allow your daughter anywhere near it in future.

Now, do you have your Windows 98 disk and, if possible, the Drivers disk that should have come with it?