Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Delta Search Bar & Safari freezing when seraching

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

JoPopey

JoPopey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
hi there, any news on how i can progress? cheers..

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Did you not read my last post here (post #105) and or missed the notification maybe ? :)

JoPopey

JoPopey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Hi there, yes weird didnt get usual email and see 105 post, anyway I have set via BIOS for the computer to boot using the CD, which is does judging by all the whirring going on when i switch it on....(i set it to first boot from CD)

Have I done the right thing? if so ready to go...Thankyou..

JoPopey

JoPopey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Did this but only bit i could do as i said before was to set the disc to First boot, not the rest START UP REPAIR etc...not an option in Bios

We will now be using one of the Startup Repair Disks you have. Use either for the below, though the one you recently created would be preferable...

Run Windows 7 SRD:

Boot your machine up with the actual Windows Startup Repair Disk...

If not sure how to, a very good tutorial can be read here.
You will have to answer a few basic questions then select the option Repair your computer
At the the System Recovery Options screen click Windows 7 to highlight then Next>
Now click on/select Startup Repair
If prompted to use System Restore, select Cancel.
The same if prompted to Send information about this problem (recommended), select Don't send.
Click Finish when Startup Repair has completed, remove the SRD disc and then click on Restart

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi. :)

OK you have set the BIOS(basic input output settings) with your computer so when it boots up rather than doing so via the main hard-drive with the actual Operating System installed on it will do so via CD, which in this scenario is using the actual Start-Up Repair Disk...

If my prior instructions are unclear and or you do not quite understand which appears to be the case fair play, have a read of this tutorial below and see if that helps:-

Windows 7 - Startup Repair

Scroll down to the portion that says: Here's How: and follow the instructions which are fairly similar to my own but may just prove to be more user friendly from your point of view.

JoPopey

JoPopey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Hi there,

I have read all the instructions and have my disc ready etc, problem is not that I cant get into BIOS but that by pressing F8 or Esc on start up I cannot get into the boot menu which is different from BIOS, I just saw this....PERHAPS THIS IS THE PROBLEM?....do you know any other way I can get into ADVANCED BOOT OPTIONS SYESTEM RECOVERY so I can repair the system, sorry if I am not being clear...thankyou :thumbsup:

Advanced Option Description
Repair Your Computer
Shows a list of system recovery options that you can use to repair startup problems, run diagnostics, or restore your system. If Repair your computer isn't listed as an option, then your computer doesn't include preinstalled recovery options, or your network administrator has turned them off. You could also boot from a retail Windows 7 installation disc to see the System Recovery Options.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Good Morning. :)

Since it appears have you have actually changed the boot order via the BIOS, your machine should boot up via the Start-Up Repair Disk, then it will enter the System Recovery Options etc. So try again please and if given the option to boot from CD via depressing any key do so...

No need to depress F8 and attempt to enter Advanced Boot Options at all, which as we know is currently inaccessible.

JoPopey

JoPopey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Hi there, did you not read my last post? ok here is what has happened again.

I am able to get into BIOS via del button on Start up and have set 1st Boot Device to CD ROM....

[b]I CANNOT NO MATTER WHAT...get into the advanced boot mode ....

IN My Previous reply i pasted this....

Advanced Option Description
Repair Your Computer
Shows a list of system recovery options that you can use to repair startup problems, run diagnostics, or restore your system. If Repair your computer isn't listed as an option, then your computer doesn't include preinstalled recovery options, or your network administrator has turned them off.

THIS IS WHAT I AM FINDING A PROBLEM WITH......

I was able to get into SAFE MODE A while back via Aswcleaner which was a bit of a fluke (SO COULD TRY VIA THAT to get into advanced system ? WHAT DO YOU THINK?)

I hope this is clear, otherwise we are going back and forth and not progressing I CANNOT ACCESS ADVANCED SYSTEMS.

Thankyou in advance

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Good evening.

did you not read my last post?

Indeed I have.

Using all caps is considered both shouting and poor forum etiquette and quite frankly I do not care to be addressed in such a rude manner. It may be you are merely trying to emphasise a point but that is immaterial and no excuse for bad manners in my book end of. I provide both my time and years of experience via this type of online support free of charge and all I ever ask is to be treated as respectfully as I do with those I assist and maybe consider a donation to this forum upon completion of a Malware Removal process.

Also I do not appreciate instructions quoted at myself twice in a row...

I know what the procedure is it is you I'm afraid who is unable to follow directions/instructions be it through no fault of your own. This type of online support is not suited for everyone I will further add. So as it stands we are going round in circles and enough is enough as I am only able to provide so much support via a online environment and I am the second helper in this topic whom has tried to assist you and I have been both extremely patient and tolerant. Plus to compound matters you have re-infected your machine which has undoubtedly worsened the overall situation.

Therefore I am withdrawing my assistance forthwith and the best advice I can give you now is:-

1 - Consider purchasing a set of Recovery Disks from the machines vendor here.

2 - Then take your machine to a local IT Repair Centre.

Good luck and this topic is now closed...