Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help With Itunes Install / Removal...

• Please log in to reply

MonkGina

MonkGina

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Please help if you can.

I have tried to install a newer version of Itunes.
Bless the new update as it wouldnt remove the old version.
I have read various comments on various sites on how to do this, and now im really stuck.
I have just tried again to install Itunes and got various warning messages from the installer.
"THE OLDER VERSION OF BONJOUR CANNOT BE REMOVED> CONTACT YOUR TECHNICAL SUPPORT GROUP"
so here i am....

Any ideas?

Regards
Andy

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Does Itunes and/or Bonjour show up in Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs?

If either are there, download and install Revo Uninstaller Free.
Run it. It will show you the same installed programs you see in Add or Remove Programs.
Select Itunes then click Uninstall.

First step does the actual uninstall. If it works or fails, continue to the next step.
This step scans for leftover folders, files and registry entries. When complete, click Next.
This is the left over registry entries. Click the Select All button the Delete. Only the entries that are highlighted will be deleted, even though others are selected.
Click Next.
This is the left over folders and files. Click the Select All button the Delete. Any that cannot be deleted will be deleted the next time you reboot.

Repeat for Bonjour if it's still there.

Note: Be careful so you do not allow a reboot until everything is done, then reboot manually.

Revo creates a System Restore point before each uninstall and cleanup is started.

Reboot when done.

Try the Itunes install.

MonkGina

MonkGina

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well I have to say, you are amazing!!

Thank you so much for your help!!

All working :thumbsup:

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
That's good news, thanks for letting me know.