Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infection?

• Please log in to reply

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
No problem. :whistling: lol

I doesn't seam to run as much but still to much...?

I can't figure out how to run RealTemp. Can't find instructions...can you help?

I have the "load tester" window opened now, do I "select all" then "load CPU"?

Edited by brewsrgr8, 17 February 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Advertisements

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Hi,

I can't figure out how to run RealTemp. Can't find instructions...can you help?

• Download file RealTemp_370.zip to your Desktop.
  • Unzip it (right click on file, select and click Extract All... , click on Extract button.
  • Open RealTemp_370 map/folder on your Desktop , find and run file RealTemp.exe by double click on it.
  • RealTemp window will open and you should see temperatures of all CPU's cores. Write them down and post here.

I have the "load tester" window opened now, do I "select all" then "load CPU"?

Don't know from where is this.

I doesn't seam to run as much but still to much...?

I don't understand this. I asked you how is your computer running at the moment.

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Do you mean for me to run the Application? Because when I try it says I can't because it's missing a dil and must be reinstalled...which I did but got the same error message. I'm trying to paste a screen shot to show you but can't figure how to do it.

"It/PC/fan doesn't seam to run as much as it was but still it runs to much...?" What I meant by this is the fan/PC doesn't seam to run as much as it was but it still seams to be running much more than it normally should, as if it's processing much more than what I'm working on....ya know?

Edited by brewsrgr8, 17 February 2013 - 08:00 PM.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
RealTemp is not installable program. Please run any application which monitor CPU temperature. It can be also Speedfan. It doesn't matter which one you will use. I just want to know temperature of CPU.

For posting screen-shot on forum please read this: http://kb.mozillazin...ot_on_the_forum

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
HDO;48C
TEMP 1: 81C
CORE: 75C

When I left for work this morning I hibernated and closed my Laptop and when I came home from work the fan was running at high speed. It's like it's running some program or something. It does this all the time. Do you know why?

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Hi,

These temperatures are way too high. You should check and probably clean the ventilation system.

For hibernation issue I have no idea. So laptop is powering on from hibernation by itself? Have you already tried with sleep instead of hibernation?

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Hi,

I suspected it was running too hot. Probably the reason the PC will periodically, suddenly shut down. I have cleaned the ventilation system but will do it again. Would you suggest pressurized air or a household vacuum?

Yes, PC powers on by itself...from both hibernation or sleep. When I open the PC it's on the sign on page and usually very warm. However due to something you've done it runs at less high speeds than it did.

Edited by brewsrgr8, 19 February 2013 - 07:09 PM.

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Seems I've spoke to soon, PC is running at high speed again plus wouldn't go to sleep then shut down and didn't want to restart. Finally got it to restart.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Is this desktop or laptop?

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Laptop.<br /><br /> In an earlier post you suggested shutting down unused Toshiba programs, I attached screen shots of my programs. Do you know which ones I could shut down and would I have delete them or is there a way to disable them?

I can't engage my Use Full Editor to attach the rest of the programs.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled 2.png

Edited by brewsrgr8, 21 February 2013 - 07:28 AM.

Advertisements

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Hi,

Please don't un-install these two applications from Toshiba and do the following:

• Please download Speccy from here install and run it.
  • Wait a few minutes then click File menu then Save as Text file... and save report to your desktop.
  • Open that txt file in Notepad and find Operating System section and delete this line: Serial Number: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
  • Save it by clicking on File and then on Save.
  • Please attach that report in your next reply.

How to add an attachment to a new topic or reply

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I've tried several times but the Attach File Button under the Browse selector is never there. Should I Copy and Paste the report in the Reply?

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Pleas click first on Add Reply or Use Full Editor button and Click To Attach File button should be visible.

brewsrgr8

brewsrgr8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
I tried. Neither work.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
OK. You don't see button Click To Attach Files or you click on it and nothing happens?

Posted Image