Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

xp media center download

• Please log in to reply

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
hello everybody can anyone help me is there any free downloadable xp media center ??? i have my laptop and ofcourse windows is preinstalled on it but my brother once tried to experiment on it and installed linux without making an image of my laptop... he wiped all including the recovery partition where i can set it to factory default... is it illegal if i use other xp media center but use the key on the back of my laptop?? if its not illegal is there any site where i can download an iso image of it??? thanks a lot to all who read and try to help ..

Advertisements

chessgame

chessgame

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello here is a link for xp media center you will need to have service pack 2 or later and have a valid windows key http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8163 hope this helps.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Is the XP Media Centre version that you want to use from a branded manufacturer, for example, HP?

It may say on the disk "For re-installation of XP Media Centre to an HP machine only".

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
hi chessgame im looking for xp media center operating system not player thanks
hi wolfeymole im using acer 5610 laptop. im looking for a downloadable xp media center operating system. i mean the free one. because there is product key on my laptop that i can use to validate it

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Can you answer my question please. :)

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hi Bay..try this link ( ebay ).

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4d0859b1dc

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
hi wolfeymole im sorry if my english is bad. i already answer your question. is that not the answer your looking for? actually the link that deggitt posted is the disk im looking for but i want a free one and can just download.

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
You will only be able to get a copy for free because it is a pirated version.

bayernmunich

bayernmunich

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
eventhough the product key that i will be using is the product key that can be found on the sticker of my laptop??