Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot complete the compressed (zipped) folders extraction wizard

• Please log in to reply

Mr-Magoo

Mr-Magoo

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi fellow Geeks,

I am running Win 7 Pro SP1 using the Windows Extrator.

Does anyone know to repair this issue "cannot complete the compressed (zipped) folders extraction wizard"

It also says:

Posted Image

Thanks for the help.

Ken

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Where did you get the compressed (.zip) file?

What is the complete path to the file? For example D:\temp\compressed.zip

You can try taking ownership of the file. The easiest way is here: Add "Take Ownership" to Context Menu of Files, Folders, and Drives

Mr-Magoo

Mr-Magoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks for the response Ztruker. I wasted hours and toooo many CDs and DVDs trying to burn this CD, I am embarrassed to write back but had to :blush: .

I was trying to burn Hiren's Boot CD Version 15.2. I was trying to burn it like I do any disc, and no matter what I did to Un-zip it I got that message. After coming to the Best Geek Forum I know I started poking around some more and found this How to create and run the Hiren's BootCD 15.2 - YouTube. I followed it step by step and "boom" there was my "CD" not DVD :rolleyes: .

I then when back to the download page and there was an abundance of information on the program. I think when you get something stuck in your head it is hard to let it go :( .

I went to your link and was so glad I went there! That link is so packed full of information it blew me away Ztruker. I spent over an hour reading the posts, coping some for my Help Folder, and going to other links and reading them.

Thank you so very much for answering my question and giving me more answers than I could even fathom.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Any fix is a good fix

Mr-Magoo

Mr-Magoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Indeed my friend indeed, and that goes for your quote also :whistling: