Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

1600x900 vs 1920x1080

• Please log in to reply

SHIROIRAKUEN

SHIROIRAKUEN

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Yeah, I'm gonna buy a gaming laptop & would like to know if it is worthwhile to pay an extra for the 1080p screen... :unsure:

I mean games already looked great on 16:9 before right? + I've heard & seen that what really makes a difference in game is if the video settings are set to high or ultra, while the resolution doesn't affect the end result that much.

If the upgrade would cost 150$, what would u guys say? Worth it?

Thx

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
which laptop?

I would save the money on the display. You can always go with an external monitor later on if you want a bigger display. But, having carried around large notebooks, smaller ends up being better. You would be better off spending money on the video card or an ssd.

SHIROIRAKUEN

SHIROIRAKUEN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
17,3 inch laptop

Hyacinthknave

Hyacinthknave

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Ok, if u havent already bought the laptop, i would recommend 1920•1080 resolution from personal experience. Not only do the graphics look better, it also adds more antialiasing like value to the game!

Edited by Hyacinthknave, 14 February 2013 - 08:32 AM.

SHIROIRAKUEN

SHIROIRAKUEN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thx