Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

LOCKING Q-CONNECTOR...?

• Please log in to reply

zeroday1

zeroday1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Does anyone know where I can find a "snap in place" 10 pin usb Q-connector?

I have an ASUS M5A99X EVO mobo with several 10 pin USB connectors.

The problem I'm having is that the 10 pin male Q-connector I got from ASUS does not snap into place and very loosely plugs into its connector on the mobo. That is why I'm looking for Q-connectors that snap into place. (These are the blue adapter pieces that clip onto the 10 pins before its plugged into the mobo...please help me...I just want to find ones that lock into place and its obvious that ASUS does not carry this item...

Here is a link to the "regular" Q-connectors I have that only loosely clip onto to the mobo connector:

My link

The blue connector on the left of the picture is the "Q-connector" part that I'm referring to. This is what I got from ASUS, however it doesn't stay on because it is loose and does not have a clip attached to it to hold it in place...(You'd think that manufacturers at ASUS would've have considered this before simply making one that does not clip into place...I guess that's just asking too much...?!)

Anyway if anyone knows where I can get one that does clip into place, that would be great...

Edited by zeroday1, 12 February 2013 - 09:46 AM.

Advertisements