Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

High Running and Loud Fan Noise

• Please log in to reply

flyboy1565

flyboy1565

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Hey there guys got a computer that is running insanely loud. This is a hp pavillion a1328x. Is there something we can do to see why it is running loud and fast?

Advertisements

flyboy1565

flyboy1565

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
also while running a MBAM the system just shut off. I then proceded to run and otl when the system booted backup. I'm thinking the hard drive or whole system is overheating. I also noticed that this system has a "No Disk" window. I'll write down the code it provided.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hello flyboy1565

Couple of questions if I may;

Is the stock 300W PSU still being used.
Do you have an add on video card or only the MBs integrated video chip.
By loud fan noise do you mean rumbling or as if the fan is running continually at the max.

Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image
(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Depending on the results we may need to run further software for comparison http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

flyboy1565

flyboy1565

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Ok great. I'm not with the computer now, I check it out tonight. I believe everything is stock.

The people that own this only know how to email and write documents. I was attempting to run Otl because I believe that they have a virus.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
I see that you have requested assistance from the malware experts, as this is the case it is important that you get the all clear of malware from the malware experts before we continue here, good luck.

flyboy1565

flyboy1565

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
actually phill, that is another HP. My neighbor just found out that I'm moving and all of a sudden gave me their computers to look at. In my block everyone seems to think of me as a computer guy, when really you GUYS!!! are the ones that make me look good. But yea i know this one, should most defiantly have malware as MBAM had 271 before the computer stopped working. I'm concerned that it is getting to hot before i can even complete an otl scan.

Do you think removing the side panels will help? And i'm going to get you the info you requested when i get home!!

Thanks Again Phill

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Thanks for clarifying flyboy1565 you do however mention in your reply #4 "I was attempting to run Otl because I believe that they have a virus" we can assist you with this here as long as you are not working with the malware staff to clear an infection, this is standard practice which avoids us interfering with the work that the malware guys and gals carry out.

Yes try removing the side panel and if you have one direct a desktop fan so that it blows cool air into the case, it will also allow you to see how clean the inside of the case is.

flyboy1565

flyboy1565

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Ok a question I've always wondered is can I use shop air to clean dust out of pc? Or should I use the can co2?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
If you mean a work shop air supply then I would say no as the compressors that produce the air also produce moisture which will then be blown out of the end of the air line.

flyboy1565

flyboy1565

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Wow ok so i opened up the case and like a pound of dust came out. What is the best way of cleaning out the dust just so i can work on it and not get dust in my face!!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
http://www.walmart.c...2-Pack/14931445

http://www.walmart.c...t-Mask/23064501

flyboy1565

flyboy1565

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
:lol: thanks, making a trip today lol...

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
You are welcome :thumbsup:

Any problems or questions please let us know.

flyboy1565

flyboy1565

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
Hey Phil, just wanted to let you know it was just a pound of dirt on the whole system. And now the malware guys are playing with it. Just wanted to thank you for your time:D

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hi flyboy1565

Thanks for the update :thumbsup: