Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stuck on XP Welcome Screen

• Please log in to reply

xav93

xav93

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,
This is my first time here, I hope I could really get some help!!
Mine is really old pc , i removed my ram and fixed it back after i on my pc,
it as stuck on this welcome screen where you select the user etc admin or guest. but mine was without any option. Just a blue welcome screen with the xp logo. I tried many ways and reboot it still goes back to that screen without any options.

I tired:
-Safe mode
-Safe mode w commnd promt
-Safe mode w networking
-Last good config

(Basically i tried all on F8 Screen but it still led me to the welcome screen with no options)

I've seen many other posts suggesting ctrl alt del so that the options will pop out but mine is not responding to this.

I was wondering if there is any way to solve this without the xp disc.
It was working fine until i touched the ram.
I'm positive that the ram is placed back correctly.

I hope i get help soon!
Thanks ! :??:

Advertisements

househeart

househeart

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Hello Xav93 and Welcome to GeeksToGo! I am househeart a freshman student in the Geek University on this site and I will do my best to help you with your problem.

Unforunately without the original registered XP disc you will be unable to fix this problem as it sounds like your version of windows will not load up. I am currently having similar problems as I lost my original XP disc but have been looking to upgrade to windows 8. Windows XP will no longer be providing updates and security patches from 2014 so XP users will need to upgrade before then.

You can have a look at windows 8 (which will stop the problem) by following this link:-

http://windows.micro...ShopHP_FPP_Null

Here if you click on the "Can my PC run Windows 8" which will download a compatibility tool and then give you the option to purchase it if like me you are looking to upgrade.

If you decide to buy windows 8 and you find that you are still having problems let us know and good luck.

briankerrys47

briankerrys47

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello,
This is my first time here, I hope I could really get some help!!
Mine is really old pc , i removed my ram and fixed it back after i on my pc,
it as stuck on this welcome screen where you select the user etc admin or guest. but mine was without any option. Just a blue welcome screen with the xp logo. I tried many ways and reboot it still goes back to that screen without any options.

I tired:
-Safe mode
-Safe mode w commnd promt
-Safe mode w networking
-Last good config

(Basically i tried all on F8 Screen but it still led me to the welcome screen with no options)

I've seen many other posts suggesting ctrl alt del so that the options will pop out but mine is not responding to this.

I was wondering if there is any way to solve this without the xp disc.
It was working fine until i touched the ram.
I'm positive that the ram is placed back correctly.

I hope i get help soon!
Thanks ! :??:

Without being to techie shut down system try restart after 5 min might be ok?? Good luck

househeart

househeart

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
As above, xav93 when you say "I tried many ways and reboot" did you try switching your PC off for five minutes before rebooting?

xav93

xav93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi!
Thanks for ur reply!
Meaning the only solutions to my problem is either getting a XP disc or upgrading to a windows 8?
Because theres a few games that does not allow windows 8 to use :(

xav93

xav93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yes ive tried since yesterday,
1.Leaving it on for 30mins on the welcome page and reboot after that its still the same.
2.On my pc after 10mins and retry.
3.Letting it rest for a night before trying again

All comes back to this same screen without any options..

househeart

househeart

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Hi!
Thanks for ur reply!
Meaning the only solutions to my problem is either getting a XP disc or upgrading to a windows 8?
Because theres a few games that does not allow windows 8 to use :(

I don't currently use Windows 8 yet so I don't know which games will work for it or not. What games are you specifically worried about?

xav93

xav93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for ur reply !
I tried but to no avail
Thanks though :)

househeart

househeart

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Yes ive tried since yesterday,
1.Leaving it on for 30mins on the welcome page and reboot after that its still the same.
2.On my pc after 10mins and retry.
3.Letting it rest for a night before trying again

All comes back to this same screen without any options..

Thanks for explaining that and clearing it up for us :)

xav93

xav93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
its auditionsea
its recommended and minimum requirements is xp
many windows 8 users says they cant play as well
so i guess the best choice is that i'll have to get the xp disc
i still have the sticker on my cpu though i just dont remember was i given a disc or
i could have lost the disc cause i cant find it

househeart

househeart

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

its auditionsea
its recommended and minimum requirements is xp
many windows 8 users says they cant play as well
so i guess the best choice is that i'll have to get the xp disc
i still have the sticker on my cpu though i just dont remember was i given a disc or
i could have lost the disc cause i cant find it

I'm not familiar with the game but if a lot of users say it isn't compatible with Windows 8 then maybe Microsoft will already be aware of the problem and be working on a fix.

Unfortunately without the original XP disc you will not be able to re-install XP as you would need to pass a Windows Authentication check to install security updates for XP even if you entered the serial number you have.

This would mean your pc would be vulnerable to malware and viruses that could do even more damage to your computer than it might already have.

xav93

xav93

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Noted !
I'll see what I can do then..
Thanks a lot for all the info ! :thumbsup:

Tim_the_WIzard

Tim_the_WIzard

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
Based on what computer you have you can contact the manufacturer to re-order an installation media sometimes. I was able to buy another recovery disc for roughly $17 through Dell.
Also sometimes the computer will have a built in recovery partition that allows you to restore your computer to the way you first received it. You can sometimes see this when you turn on the computer it will ask you to press a key to start recovery. Would you happen to know if you have these options available?